Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Stuff.

He Loved Us Then: He'll Love Us Now - This blog post got me thinking back to a couple weeks ago in CG when we did a little exercise and asked ourselves, "As God thinks of you right now, what is the look on his face?" More times than I should, I imagine God as disappointed (#smh kind of look). And this reveals in me a performance-based mindset. So this blog post I found was a good follow-up to that. Of course as one of the commenters pointed out, which I struggle with as well, there is the temptation to "take the grace of God for granted and abuse it by ignoring it and not repenting of our sin." So how do we move away from performing and pretending? Also sort of discussed in CG, a consistent pattern of repenting of sin and believing anew in the promises of the gospel.

Dear Moms, Jesus Wants You To Chill Out - I don't want to start any rumours. Jovi is not pregnant. At least not very soon (@Peter C.). But I thought this bit of advice was nice, so I shared it with my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment